NOTE: RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County, PA. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
Prevention and Education Coordinator Position: The Prevention Education and Awareness Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating, scheduling, and delivering high-quality prevention education programs to students of all ages (preschool-post-secondary) in Bucks County on the topics including but not limited to: child abuse prevention, sexual assault prevention, bullying prevention, technology safety; and other related crime victimization and prevention topics that align with NOVA’s mission, vision and goals.
Additional project coordination responsibilities include developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with school contacts, assisting in marketing of programs, participating in short-term and long-term departmental strategic planning, and monitoring training effectiveness through data and outcomes. The Prevention Education and Awareness Coordinator will develop prevention education programs through collaboration with NOVA educators and their own education and experience as an educator. Therefore, the ideal candidate will present with an education and training background as well as previous experience in a classroom setting. Programs may be presented for small or large classes and may be delivered in-person and via virtual settings (i.e., webinars).
This position is housed in the Prevention Education and Training Department at NOVA and will work directly with our dynamic team of educators, coordinators, and specialists and reports to the Director of Prevention and Training.
- Develops high-quality prevention education and awareness programs and materials for students’ preschool level-post-secondary level.
- Coordinates and schedules prevention education and awareness programs.
- Handles and reports disclosures of suspected child abuse in accordance with agency standards and required legal compliance.
- Responds to requests for information concerning NOVA’s prevention programs in a timely
- Develops workplan for reaching goals of prevention education and awareness program offerings and meets contractual requirements.
- Presents prevention education and awareness programs and trainings for students, parents, and teachers as needed.
- Actively and effectively engages in outreach activities to contact organizations that provide services to students, parents and teachers to advance NOVA’s prevention education and awareness programs.
- Stays informed and current with new material and best practice concerning the issues of interpersonal violence/ sexual abuse and assault prevention and other relevant topics and integrates this material into programming and trainings as appropriate.
- Meets regularly with prevention education staff to provide leadership, supervision, support, and direction.
- Maintains all program data entry records and submits all program documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains school files including history of school partnership, information on current school contacts, record of programs presented including date of program, teacher and student evaluations, and planned follow-up.
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of school-based programs, collects and analyzes data, and reports on program evaluations and outcomes-based measurements.
- Commitment to NOVA’s mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in Education or another related
- Multilingual a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in developing and delivering school-based programs with preference given to individuals with experience in sexual violence prevention.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with various groups including: school contacts, community
professionals, parents, and students.
- Strong grasp of the evolving social media landscape including current technology
applications and usage trends.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Knowledge of conducting programs on Google Meet, Teams, and Zoom preferred.
- Must be able to multitask, set priorities, and meet deadline to manage immediate, short-term, and long-term tasks.
- Experience as an educator with extensive knowledge of the following principles:
- Understanding of best practice for student learning (preschool-university level) and facilitation of interactive learning experiences;
- Effective use of group facilitation techniques: icebreaker activities, group energizer strategies, humor, and stories that increase learner engagement;
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills;
- Effective use of vocal skills in conducting programs, use of vocal tone and volume as a
- Intentional use of non-verbal communication to establish rapport with the audience and facilitate learning;
- Effective use of presentation materials to support learning goals;
- Effective use of audiovisual technology as a supporting tool for learning.
- The capacity to occasionally work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and provide on-call coverage for the hotline when assigned.
- Meet all required clearances for employment (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, etc.).
Competitive salary and excellent benefits include exceptional health and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit-Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year.
Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us about your interest and qualifications, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com Subject Line: Prevention Education and Awareness Coordinator. AA/EOE.